Ilm Academy started as a collaborative brainchild of local scholars, a veteran educator, and Muslim parents in Irvington District, Fremont, who felt the pressing need for a full service Islamic school in the area. Alhamdullilah, since that moment, there has been no looking back. Ilm Academy announced 2010-11 as its first academic school year. Beginning as K-2, an initial enrollment of seventeen children, and a staff of three teachers, the school has come a long way. From the academic year 2017-18 Ilm Academy has been operating K-8 from its new location as part of the ICF expansion project. Ilm Academy is proud to be on the list of reasons why many out-of-state families plan their move to the bay area. The exceptional level of education provided by the school is achieved through teachers chosen not only for their qualifications but also for their dedication and zeal for working within the unique environment of an Islamic School.
At ILM Academy we believe in:
- Practicing Islamic values which develop a character of honesty, integrity, and responsible behavior.
- Challenging students to think critically and creatively.
- Developing the whole child – intellectually, spiritually, socially, and physically.
- Preparing students to contribute constructively to a global society.
- Communicating effectively. This is essential for a cohesive school community and a positive school climate.
- Instilling learning as a life-long process.
- Inspiring excellence.
ILM Academy is committed to providing a child-centered education of superior quality. Enrolling students in Kindergarten to Grade 8 for the 2018-19 school year, our objective is educating the whole child while fostering intellectual, creative, religious, social, and physical development.